<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 01, 2007

excitement 65 million years in the making 

I am so fucking excited about the next batman movie -- Dark Knight. I have to go back to Jurassic park or Batman Returns to even recall a time when i was so excited about a movie. Perhaps the Matrix: Reloaded also came close, but this feels different somehow. There is a childlike excitement that brings me back to the previous sequel in the previous batman movie franchise. Luckily I have been working hard enough that I am constantly too tired for thoughts of movies to enter my mind, otherwise I would go crazy htinking about how awesome this movie is gonna be and how i have to wait until july 2008 for it.

IOMN I saw coffee & cigarettes a few weeks ago. John Turturro wrote and directed it and has apparently been working for several years to get it on the big screen. The Coen Brothers came in and reedited it and gave the film a credibility boost. Anyways, i think its only playing in New York, but who knows LA may be the next stop. the whole thing is highly entertaining, especially since it is a musical starring James Gandolfini. Not the most amazing movie ever made, but definitely worth watching.
IEMMN I saw No Country For Old Men, which was just an amazing piece of work. The Coen Brothers have done it again in a big way. On top of the usual visual awesomitude of Coen Bros. movies, the acting is off the charts good, esp. the guy playing the bad guy. I am not a big suspense movie fan, in that while I enjoy suspenseful movies I do nt seek them out, and, as such, do not see many of them. That being said, I barely breathed during this movie i was so on the dge of my seat. The aforementioned "bad guy" is so fucking creepy. I need to watch this movie again, but it definitely ranks high on my coen list of greatness in the Lebowski, O' Brother, Hudsucker (I have not seen fargo enough as well to accurately place in this scheme) stratosphere.

IOON, I will be in LA for my mom's 60th b-day from Dec. 7 - 9.

Comments:
1) I think you were as excited about Matrix: Reloaded, but the the general disappointment surrounding the whole affair clouds the memory. Then again, I didn't know you during JP or BR release... or if they made you release.

2) Ummm... Romance and Cigarettes? I believe Coffee and Cigarettes is the Jim Jarmusch flick with none other than Bill Murray serving coffee to RZA and GZA... among other start-studded haps.

3) See you in Los A., hole. That's right, for the joke, your new nickname is 'hole.'
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?