<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

ptc 

parent teacher conferences were last night. my best so far. my spanish was rolling of the tongue -- the spanish teacher who was also doing his conferences in my room even complimented me on my use of the tongue. meeting parents is always an interesting and enlightening experience. 95% of the time to meet the parents and its like "ohhhh that why this kid is like that."
ion, i have slimmed down to 160 lbs. which is totally awesome because now i can find pants my size without getting them hemmed. i know, i know, I sound just like the female archetype and that is okay with me.
back to the school news, my new school is awesome. so far the year has been great. last year I was exhausted by this point and now i feel like i'm just getting started.
i took some students on a field trip yesterday where a nobel laureate and the current chair of the sloan-kettering institute who was formerly the head of the NIH sat down on stage and discussed how they became scientists. this was awesome. unfortunately my students had no idea what a nobel laureate nor what the NIH is. I did not plan tis trip it was thrust upon me the day before. i had no idea what it was all about. our students totally tuned out, which is unfortunate because that was a very rare opportunity.
ok, off to work.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?