<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Holy crap, almost two months. That may be a new time between posts record for me. I would like to update more often, and I'm not sure why I don't/ Part of the problem is that I think of things to post while I am out and about and then I forget whatever it is or I lost interest. Anyways, I am going to try to make a habit out of it.
Enough about that. Sometimes I think of my life in terms of chapters. If I were writing an autobiography how would I break up my life into chapters and what would they be called. I usually think of it in terms of schooling or by loosely defined phases (ex: the materbating four-times-a-day-every-day phase). Anyways, the schooling thing doesn't really work right now. I mean you could argue I am still in the chapter after Teachers College entitled: "The Teaching Years: Why'm I Lookin' at a Ho?" That designation is too easy. I don't feel like year one of teaching should get its own chapter. I think the better division would be the last two years being one chapter and then starting a new one now. Why a new one now? A few reasons: I will be teaching at a new school; Matt has partially moved out (more on that later); and I now feel like a New Yorker instead of a visitor. I spent a month this summer teaching in upstate New York. Being away from Manhattan made me realize how much I love New York. The weather is and always will be a drag, but otherwise its a pretty awesome place to live. Despite that, there is a large part of me that wants to leave to some far-away place like Brazil or Spain. If this year blows big ones, or even if it is awesome, I may be outta here.
Matt and I just drove from New York to Ontario, California. We left Thursday morning and arrived in Ontarion on SUnday afternoon. Why? Why not? I flew from the Ontario airport that evening to New York to see my mom, who is visiting from CA. We stopped in Chicago, Cheyenne, Wyoming, Las Vegas, and then Ontarion. 15hours, 15 hours, 13 hours, and 4 hours of driving on four consecutive days. We listened to "Ulysses" by James Joyce for the first half of the trip. Yes, about 25 hours of audio book. We only got half way through the book. The story has some nuggets of brilliance (and some novella's worth too), but in the end, we were confused and tired and well, try it yourself and you'll see what I mean.
As I said earlier my moms is visiting. We went to the Guggs yesterday and attempted to visit the MoMA today. One problem: clsoed on tuesdays. We perused the gift shop and design store. I got two watches. Awesomeness. Here is one of them. The other is new and apparently not up on the MoMA website.
Bla bla bla. I wish I had something funny to day. I feel like this is a waste if there is no humor. perhaps next time.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?